Master data management studio
To-Increase Master data management (MDM) studio enables organizations to drive better decision-making by effectively managing master data between companies and applications. It ensures uniform, manageable,accurate, consistent, and accountable data. This data is also leveraged for accurate product and customer information. It is one of the most advanced business integration solutions available for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
MDM studio helps you understand the data eco-system and delivers data quality,transparency, and integration across the enterprise. The solution enables a single source of truth – a central point of reference that gives the users access to trusted and reliable data driving better insights. Better insights lead to better business decisions. MDM studio also helps create reliable and consistent customer records, which in turn is used to reinforce personalized offerings for your customers.
The MDM studio has the ability to manage master data for multiple domains and supports easy-to-understand visual and interactive analysis and presentation of data through BI (Business Intelligence). MDM studio helps non-technical business users to collaborate with the IT team and align business value with clean and consistent data. This makes it easier for you to deliver better customer experience and respond to customer needs clearly.
Master data management studio introduction
With Master data management (MDM studio) for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365 FO), you can manage your data over several environments. Enterprises often have several companies in their D365 FO environment and accompany this with several other external applications and resources.One of the most important things to ensure reliable information is to make sure that the data in all these environments is the same and up to date.
Use MDM studio to simplify and optimize the data management capabilities.
Use MDM studio to manage specific data/records in one company and distribute this data to several other companies and applications So, you maintain this data centrally instead of decentrally in several environments.
Examples what you can do with MDM studio are:
- Set up a temporary journal (regardless of the type of data) where you can store data before receiving it in the target company (this is called a 'staging journal').
- Distribute master record(s) to several companies at once.
- Set up scenarios for MDM entities.
MDM studio benefits are:
- It is built on top of Connectivity studio.
- You can send data to generic staging journals before it is received.
- You can combine several companies to send data in one go.
- MDM studio is designed for the functional oriented employee who works with Master data every day.
- You can track and trace MDM studio transactions with history management.
Setting up MDM studio
Working with MDM studio