You create snapshots to be able to use these Security and compliance studio functions:
- Security explorer
- Match roles
- Compare snapshots
A snapshot is an image of the security configuration at a specific date and time. A snapshot consists of:
- All securable objects: roles, duties, privileges, and entry points, with the related license type and access level.
- The associations between the securable objects: user-role, role-duty, role-privilege, duty-privilege, and privilege-entry point.
You create a snapshot in these cases:
- The first time you want to explore the security configuration or match roles.
- Changes are made to the security configuration. So, these changes become available for the security explorer or match roles function.
- You want to compare the current security configuration with a previous security configuration.
You are advised to create snapshots:
- In batch, if you frequently make changes to the security configuration.
- In the background, because the creation of a snapshot can take quite some time.
||Click Security management.
||Click the Snapshots tab.
||Click Create snapshot.
||Sub-task: Set recurrence and background processing.
||Expand the Run in the background section.
||You can create snapshots in batch. So, it is run in the background.
||Select Yes in the Batch processing field and fill in the other batch fields as required.
||You can create snapshots in a recurring pattern.
||Click Recurrence and define the recurrence settings.